Sunday, August 31, 2014

Nouns

NOUNS

The names are used to refer to people, animals things and object,events, places, or abstract ideas. As we have seen in the lesson on articles, the names do not have gender. 
Teacher
Dog 
Table 
Party 
House 
Happiness

PLURAL NOUNS
Most names add it to one "-s"
 at the end to form plural   
Dogs
Tables
Houses 

Words ending in a consonant + 'and': 'and' switch to "i" and add "es".
Parties
Cities 

Words that end in vowel + 'and': Add an "s"
Boys
Toys 

Words ending in "s", "ss", "sh", "ch", "x", "o": Add "es"
Bus-Buses
Glasses 
Brushes

Words that end in "f" or "fe": change the "f" or "fe" by "ves"
Leaf-Leaves
Wife- Wives 

IRREGULAR PLURAL NOUNS 

Many nouns are pluralized in an irregular way. There are two cases:

When the singular and plural do not change.

Fish- Fish
Sheep- sheep 

When the plural varies erratically. Therefore, there is no rule which you can follow and must learn the irregular shapes of each one

man
hombre
men
hombres
woman
mujer
women
mujeres
child
niño
children
niños
person
persona
people
personas/gente
tooth
diente
teeth
dientes
foot
pie
feet
pies
mouse
ratón
mice
ratones

http://www.curso-ingles.com/gramatica-inglesa/nombres.php


Noun Word Search

Name ______________________ Date ________________

I
I
J
C
V
L
N
A
M
O
W
L
O
D
C
T
E
O
E
H
F
O
Y
H
E
F
L
A
L
D
H
K
B
P
Y
I
E
O
F
T
C
A
F
R
Z
B
A
O
Z
J
E
L
K
H
P
D
B
Y
O
S
Q
B
I
L
X
I
M
D
O
C
X
I
O
W
P
E
P
F
R
K
O
F
C
T
O
S
W
G
M
O
N
A
Z
C
E
Q
Y
T
I
C
B
L
Z
F
S
V
R
A
R
M
A
Z
U
X
A
K
L
L
D
A
C
J
A
D
A
A
W
I
F
T
I
M
E
N
F
J
W
H
N
E
D
D
C
K
R
A
Y
H
B
C
F
T
Q
E
Q
L
U
N
X
X
G
N
M
O
F
A
S
E
I
J
L
P
L
A
T
B
T
I
H
I
B
N
C
R
T
C
V
O
T
M
F
R
V
M
R
G
L
B
F
R
G
C
E
E
O
D
D
A
K
U
V
L
E
Y
H
O
U
S
E
P
C
D
R
K


ADULT
BALL
BOOK
BOY
CAR
CHAIR
CHILD
CITY
DOOR
FAMILY
FRIEND
GIRL
HOUSE
JOB
MAN
PEOPLE
SCHOOL
TIME
WOMAN
WORLD

No comments:

Post a Comment